Orange City and Deltona, FL
If you are considering dental implants to replace your missing teeth in Orange City, Terry Soule, DDS, would like you to be aware of important questions that you should ask your implant dentist. It is important to choose an implant dentist in DeBary that has experience and education to properly place dental implants. Also, be sure that you are clear on what to expect from your procedure, as well as during the healing process. While there are no right or wrong questions, we hope this list will help get you started on where to begin.
About your Implant Dentist
- What type of training and qualifications pertaining to implant dentistry do you have?
- How many years have you been practicing implant dentistry?
- What professional organizations are you a member of?
- What is the average success rate of dental implants that you place?
- May I view before and after pictures of your patients?
About the Procedure
- How should I prepare for my surgery?
- Should I avoid any foods, medications, supplements, or other substances before my surgery? If so, for how long?
- What type of anesthesia will you use for my procedure?
- Is there a need for me to receive sedation during my procedure?
- Will I need a driver to take me to and from my appointment?
- Will I be staying in a facility overnight?
- How would you describe the pain that is to be expected?
- What complications, if any, should I be aware of?
- Can I reduce potential risks?
- What does the cost include?
- Are there additional costs I should be aware of?
About Your Recovery and Results
- Can you describe what I should expect during my recovery?
- What should I look for as far as a problem or complication?
- Will I need to take off from work (or school) or my usual activities?
- What foods should I prepare to eat during my recovery?
- Can I do anything to speed up my recovery?
- How should I care for my mouth post surgery?
- How long until I see the full results of my procedure?
- What follow-up appointments will be needed, if any?
- How long should my implant last?
Remember that the success rate of your dental implant is based also on how well you care for it. For example, the most well placed dental implant will not last as long as it should if the patient does not take care of their teeth by brushing twice a day and flossing daily. Be sure that you take oral hygiene seriously, whether or not you have dental implants.
Dental Implants in Orange City
At Terry Soule, DDS, our motto is Trust & Satisfaction. We are committed to building a trusting relationship with each of our patients, and providing everyone with complete satisfaction whether you come in to see us for a simple dental cleaning, or are receiving extensive dental care.
To learn more about the services that we offer, please call our office at (386) 775-1552 to schedule a consultation.
Terry Soule, DDS, welcomes patients of DeBary, Deltona, and Orange City.