Serving areas of DeBary, Orange City, and Deltona FL
When placed over the front of a tooth by a qualified cosmetic dentist like Terry Soule, DDS, in Orange City, a veneer can conceal an assortment of aesthetic flaws or imperfections in a smile.
Why you should choose veneers
By bonding a veneer to the front surface of a tooth, it can resolve the following cosmetic issues:
- Discoloration that has not reacted to teeth whitening treatments
- Improving minor crookedness across several teeth, or a single twisted tooth
- Concealing a small gap between two teeth
- Lengthening a tooth that is short or appears too small
You can have a veneer placed on a single tooth, or have veneers placed on all of your visible teeth. If you choose to have only one or two veneers placed, we recommend you have a whitening treatment first, as this makes a dramatic difference in the overall appearance of your smile, and allows us to be able to choose a whiter shade of porcelain to provide you with an enhanced look, if you so desire.
Dental porcelain makes a difference
All of the veneers used at Terry Soule, DDS, are fabricated from high-quality dental porcelain. This is a durable, beautiful, and stain-resistant material that is also translucent—meaning that it has a light-reflecting quality that is similar to that of natural tooth enamel. Dental porcelain also is resistant to being stained by certain foods and beverages and can be matched in color to look like your other natural, healthy teeth, or chosen in a lighter shade.
Our patients who have received porcelain veneers are astounded at their natural-looking results.
Process of Veneers
When you have a veneer placed in the mouth, this often entails multiple appointments at our Orange City office.
The process includes:
- Having a small portion your existing tooth structure removed, which creates a smooth surface so that the veneer can make a flush bond against the tooth. The actual amount of structure removed is minimal—sometimes less than the width of a single human hair.
- We then take impressions of your teeth so that we can send these to the laboratory to handcraft your porcelain veneers.
- Temporary veneers will be crafted in our office, and placed on your teeth the same day. This provides an aesthetic look and protects your teeth while waiting on your final restorations to be crafted by our trusted dental lab.
- Once the procedure is complete, you can resume your normal routine immediately with absolutely no recovery time.
- About two weeks later, you will return to our office for Dr. Soule to remove your temporaries and permanently place your new veneers over your teeth.
Veneers are long lasting
No cosmetic treatment will last forever, but a well-installed veneer can have an effective lifespan of up to 10 to 15 years, assuming you continue to practice proper upkeep and good oral hygiene. We will provide after-care instructions to help you care for your veneers.
Porcelain Veneers in Orange City
To schedule a consultation to see if veneers are right for you, please call our Orange City office at (386) 775-1552. We currently are offering a $75 special on the initial consultation for new patients.
Terry Soule, DDS, is proud to serve patients in the areas of DeBary, Deltona, and Orange City.