Orange City & Deltona, FL
Problems with your teeth and mouth can jeopardize your ability to eat, and affect your appearance, self-esteem and even threaten your overall health. At Terry Soule, DDS, we believe that being proactive is your best defense against oral health problems. As a result, we offer a comprehensive array of services in the area of preventive care.
What preventive care treatments are offered by Dr. Soule?
- Dental Cleanings: A professional dental cleaning, which also may be referred to clinically as a prophylaxis, involves having your teeth cleaned and polished by one of our dental
hygienists. Receiving a cleaning, or “prophy” is the only way to remove all the bacteria and plaque buildup from the surfaces of your teeth. This buildup is the initial building block of tooth decay and gum disease. You should receive a cleaning at least once every six months, according to the American Dental Association.
- Exams: The other key component of a regular dental check-up involves having your teeth and mouth inspected by Dr. Soule. When performed regularly every six months, these exams help your Orange City dentist develop a complete, ongoing history of your oral health. Regular examinations also allow Dr. Soule to identify any drastic changes in your dental condition, which may present evidence of a potential problem.
- Fluoride: Used in dentistry for many decades, this mineral is a safe, effective way to fortify your teeth against the threat of tooth decay. Each of us has small imperfections that develop naturally on tooth surfaces as we go through life. When you undergo a fluoride treatment, these imperfections are hardened and re-mineralized. Dr. Soule usually recommends fluoride treatments for children, or for patients who have a pronounced risk of tooth decay, patients who have problems maintaining a good regimen of brushing and flossing, or individuals who live in an area with a non-fluoridated water supply.
- Sealants: Recommended in pediatric dentistry, sealant material is a non-toxic plastic compound that can be applied to the chewing surfaces of teeth, forming a barrier against the bacteria and plaque that can cause tooth decay. Sealants typically are applied to back teeth such as molars and bicuspids, which often are difficult for children to keep clean. Sealants also may be a good treatment option for teens, as well as certain adults.
- MI Paste: MI Paste is a safe, non-toxic, topical crème that is available only from licensed providers like Terry Soule, DDS. This crème is applied directly to the surfaces of your teeth by using your finger or a special cotton-tipped applicator. From there, the active ingredient, a milk protein called Recaldent, goes to work—releasing calcium and phosphate ions that strengthen your tooth enamel and protect your teeth against decay.
- Diagnostic Services: At your regularly scheduled check-ups, we may conduct certain diagnostic procedures to help give us a more comprehensive evaluation of your dental health. These procedures also improve our chance to identify any negative changes in your oral condition as early as possible. Many of these diagnostic tests use state-of-the-art tools such as digital X-rays and three-dimensional imaging scanning. Learn more about how we use technology to provide the highest level of comfortable care to our patients.
Regular dental visits are key to maintaining good oral health
As adults, each of us is responsible for caring for our own health. With regard to dental health, that means brushing and flossing your teeth every day—and also maintaining routine check-ups with your Orange City family dentist.
Never let finances dictate whether or not you receive preventive care
Insurance plans do not always cover the entire cost of your dental care, but at Terry Soule, DDS, we believe the long-term benefits of preventive care far outweigh any potential out-of-pocket expense. Namely, the earlier a problem or change in your oral health can be detected, the easier it is to treat, saving you time, money, and discomfort in the future.
Terry Soule, DDS, accepts payment in the form of cash check, and major credit cards—including American Express. We also work with some dental insurance companies and offer third party financing through CareCredit and Lending USA.
For more information on our prices or payment options, please contact us.
We are accepting new patients
It can be hard to find a dental practice that is willing to take on new patients. Luckily, the office of Terry Soule, DDS, is happy to add new patients. We treat each of our patients like family and would love to add you to our family. Our initial consultation fee has been lowered to $89 for new patients. We also offer a limited exam for $60. To learn more about our services or to schedule your initial consultation, call our Orange City office today at (386) 775-1552.
Terry Soule, DDS, is proud to serve patients in the areas of DeBary, Orange City, and Deltona in Florida.