Serving areas of DeBary, Orange City, and Deltona FL
If you are living with lost teeth, it affects your daily routine. Having missing teeth hinders your ability to chew, affecting your diet and potentially your nutrition. Your self-esteem may diminish because you are self-conscious about showing your smile due to the gaps caused by those missing teeth.
Lost teeth also can lead to significant oral health issues over time, including:
- Pain in the jaw joints
- Misaligned bite, also known as malocclusion
- Teeth that become crooked or shift out of their ideal alignment
- Damage or extreme wear on dental restorations
- Shrinkage of supporting bone structure, leading to a sunken-in facial appearance and early signs of aging
- Loose teeth
- Additional lost teeth
Why live with any of these problems and risks? Replace lost teeth in Orange City by bridging the gap with a dental bridge from Terry Soule, DDS.
What is a dental bridge and how does it work?
A dental bridge can replace one lost tooth, or several missing teeth as long as they are adjacent to one another in the mouth. The replacement teeth have an abutment at either end, allowing it to secure onto existing stable teeth residing next to the space. A pontic, or artificial crown, fills the space of the missing tooth. Once fixed in place, a bridge restores your smile and your chewing ability, while also preventing the sunken-in facial appearance that often occurs over time with people who live with permanent tooth loss.
The results look and feel natural.
Terry Soule, DDS, offers the following types of bridges
- PFM: Short for porcelain-fused-to-metal, this type of bridge has a metal sub-structure that is covered with dental porcelain, a beautiful material that can be matched to the shade of your other natural teeth, while also having a similar light-reflecting quality as natural tooth enamel. This sub-structure is durable and can withstand extreme amounts of force, making it ideal for molars or back teeth that usually encounter more bite stress.
- Metal-free: This type of bridge is made entirely of beautiful dental porcelain. It is recommended for patients who are concerned with aesthetics, are replacing teeth that were highly visible in the mouth, or who suffer from some sort of metal allergy.
Why choose a dental bridge?
- Comfort: A dental bridge is fixed into the mouth, meaning it will not shift and slip like other tooth replacement options such as dentures or partials.
- Convenience: To care for your dental bridge, it can be brushed and flossed just like your natural teeth as part of your existing routine of oral hygiene.
- Cost: Bridgework has an affordable upfront cost compared to other tooth replacement options. Plus, the restoration should last about a decade.
Is a dental bridge right for me?
A dental bridge is not recommended for children. Also, if you have gum disease, you will need to have the disease treated first before a bridge can be installed. Learn more about how Terry Soule, DDS, can treat cases of periodontal disease.
If you are living with lost teeth and want to replace them with a dental bridge, contact our office at (386) 775-1552 to schedule a consultation.
Terry Soule, DDS, serves patients in the areas of DeBary, Deltona, and Orange City.