ORANGE CITY AND DELTONA, FL
Long gone are the days of painting self-portraits or racing to get in front of your tripod before it flashes. Society has moved on to snapping selfies with their phones at a moment’s notice. Hashtags under a selfie are how we communicate. Whether posted on Instagram, or Facebook, news feeds everywhere are coated with selfies. Today on the blog, Terry Soule, DDS, shares five tips for taking the best selfies.
Dental Care for Selfies
To truly get the best smile when you take your next selfie, you must first develop good oral care habits.
- Prevention- Prevent dental issues before they arise is the best way to keep your smile ready for a selfie. That means you need to attend regular dental checkups and cleanings. If you truly want that premium quality grin, then you’ll need to visit your general dentist in Orange City for regular cleanings at least twice a year. Cleaning your teeth removes tartar and plaque build-up. Plaque and tartar cause tooth decay, cavities, and gum disease. None of which are ideal for selfies.
- Flossing- Flossing every day is just as beneficial as brushing twice a day. It’s the equivalent to brushing between your teeth. No one wants to snap a selfie with food stuck between their teeth!
- Brushing- Just because Dr. Terry Soule says flossing is extremely important, doesn’t mean you can negate brushing. When looking to achieve the optimum smile, you should actually brush after every meal. Regular brushing reduces the risk of tooth decay, tooth loss, gum disease, and bad breath.
- Tongue- The idea that you may have dead bacteria, dead cells, or old debris in your mouth is atrocious. Unfortunately, it isn’t all that uncommon for people who haven’t been sticking to their oral hygiene habits. This gross sound problem occurs when you have inflamed papillae, and it is known as a white tongue. The aptly named condition, white tongue, is most noticeable as a yellow or white residue on your tongue. More positively, a white tongue is easily treated by regular tongue brushing or investing in a tongue scraper. Not only will scraping and brushing your tongue get rid of that icky residue, but it will also help you keep your breath smelling fresh.
- Diet- The food you consume can have extremely positive or negative effects on your overall oral health. A diet that is nutritionally fortified with soluble vitamins, and plenty of minerals supports oral health. It also can’t hurt to avoid sugars. Healthy fats are a great way to provide your body with the vitamins and minerals it needs to maintain your perfect selfie smile.
Selfie Worthy Smile in Orange City, FL
It isn’t always easy to capture that perfect selfie, but since the invention of cameras, we’ve been diving in front of them to bare our pearly whites. These tips from your Orange City dentist, Terry Soule, can help you feel more confident about your teeth when you snap that next selfie. Keeping up your oral care if you’re located in the DeBary, Deltona, and Orange City, FL, areas have never been easier then it is with Dr. Terry Soule. Contact us today at (386) 775-1552, so we can help get your smile selfie-ready.