Orange City & Deltona, FL
Dental bonding also referred to as cosmetic bonding, is a popular treatment to repair teeth because the material used is so versatile. Composite resin, the material used for dental bonding, can be used to repair broken, chipped, or discolored teeth to provide patients with beautiful, natural-looking results. Dr. Terry Soule, cosmetic dentist in Orange City, would like you to know the many advantages of dental bonding.
This page contains some information regarding dental bonding benefits. However, a one on one consultation with Dr. Soule is best in determining if this treatment is best for you or if you need to explore other options that can enhance your smile.
Advantages of Dental Bonding
Patients who have received dental bonding experience many benefits including the following:
- Requires only one visit to your Orange City cosmetic dentist’s office, unlike veneers, which require two visits.
- Less expensive than porcelain counterparts, which makes dental bonding affordable for most patients.
Also, dental bonding can be used as a filling to restore intermediate areas of decay.
When using composite instead of amalgam or silver filling material, patients experience the following added benefits:
- Composite bonds directly to the tooth, creating a tighter seal, and ensuring bacteria does not get underneath the filling. This not only helps ensure the longevity of your restoration but also means your teeth will remain healthier for a longer period of time. However, routine dental checkups and cleanings, as well as at-home oral hygiene efforts of brushing and flossing every day are still necessary to maintain the look and function of your newly bonded teeth.
- Does not expand or contract as quickly when exposed to temperature changes in the mouth. This means it is healthier for the tooth since it is less likely to cause a tooth to fracture. Metal fillings tend to cause teeth to break and crack, resulting in extensive restorations such as the tooth needing a root canal or a crown.
- Matches the tooth since composite can be chosen in a shade that blends in with your smile, unlike metal amalgam that is silver and obvious in the mouth. This is especially beneficial for teeth visible when you smile, talk, or laugh. Plus, composite fillings won’t discolor your teeth like metal fillings do.
- Safer for your body since it does not contain toxic mercury like metal fillings do. Composite fillings are mercury-free and proven to be safe for patients.
Why choose Terry Soule, DDS, for your cosmetic bonding?
Dr. Soule and his staff receive on-going training and education to deliver the best results in cosmetic dentistry in the Orange City-Debary area. When choosing a dentist to perform your dental bonding, choose one with experience and education in this area so that you can get the results that you expect. If you would like to learn more about cosmetic bonding, please call Terry Soule, DDS, at (386) 775-1552 to schedule a consultation.
Terry Soule, DDS, welcomes patients of DeBary, Deltona, and Orange City.